BFP20- Not the Red Baron

This year marks the 20th anniversary of "Boys for Pele" by Tori Amos. Ever since my early teens, her music has been such an inspiration to me beyond words can describe. Her music has helped me through the death of both my parents and my brother and she always manages to give me words when I have none.
 Tori has inspired me as an artist in that it is okay to be different (unique) as well to be true to myself. Art and performing is to inspire others and it is okay to express all of my emotions.
 When Boys for Pele was released, I was still in my teens and even then it had so much meaning I now look on it with a different view being older.
 I think it is much like this when it comes to life, we experience different things and emotions as well grow as individuals. I am not the same person I was when first listened to "Boys for Pele" but the music and words are still there.
 So, with this I am announcing a new number I have been working on for some time "Not the Red Baron" off the album...in fact my new repertoire is based on "Boys for Pele" as well "Crybaby" by Melanie Martinez.
 This challenges me as an artist, person and as a woman. It forces me to explore all of the emotions that helped me grow as a person in which I am currently. These new numbers are my journey and forever grateful for artists like Tori Amos for giving me a voice and a reason to be expressive. "Boys for Pele" will forever be a part of me.

Comments

Popular Posts